"In His hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to Him." ~ Psalm 95:4
.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weekly Bible Study: Embracing Grace & Faith

Good Afternoon!

I'm finally back in the mountains and able to sit in my sun room and spend some time reading and worshiping. Let's see what God has to say to me this week. I pray that in sharing with you, God speaks to you in new ways as well.

In 1 Kings 18:21, the people were given a choice by Elijah; to follow the Lord or Baal. The people said nothing thereby making a choice. Imagine being a part of that crowd and wanting to make a choice but because no one is saying anything, you keep silent. You, with the rest of the crowd would be condemned for all eternity. Makes me a bit nervous actually. But how often do I choose to keep my mouth shut rather than shouting out that I choose to follow the Lord?

Fast forward to that day when I stand before my father in Heaven. Is simply shouting out that I chose to follow God going to be enough? Is knowing the Bible and being able to spit out certain verses when needed enough to be saved? Actually, it is the grace of God (His gift to me through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ) and my faith that is going to save me in the end. My salvation will come through that personal relationship that I constantly am striving to have. Faith is the most difficult for me sometimes. I want so desperately to see proof so that I KNOW. Yet I read in Hebrews the simple statement of what faith is. I pray that God will 'show' me that grace through faith and help me to know and understand Him in a way that I never have before. I DO NOT want to reach my final destination for eternity for God to say that He never knew me. I want to know Him and do His will NOW so that I can run to His open arms and finally FEEL what I have had faith in for so long.

"Thank you God for your gifts of grace, faith, and your son Jesus. Worthy is the Lamb!"

Want to read more?


God's Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Places for You to Go: