"In His hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to Him." ~ Psalm 95:4
.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weekly Bible Study: Extravagant Worship

Good Evening!

I'm once again traveling for work but this time I remembered to put my Bible and my journal in my suitcase!

Almost every day I praise and worship in my car on my way to work. I listen to KLove on my iPhone all day long at work. I listen to my iTunes play list of Christian music in my studio or while I am cleaning at my house. I love to listen to worship music and sing the Lord's praises!! Most of the time though, I am by myself and I share this time privately with the Lord. In fact, many times when I am driving and singing along or praying out lout, I stop when I pass another person. I admit that the reasons are all selfish; fear of what others will think 1) when they see me talking to myself and 2) when they hear it is to God. Totally WRONG!

David reminded me today that God really doesn't care HOW I worship. He just cares that I do. This life is not about what others think of me. This life is about being thankful and giving my praises to God as He works out the plans He has for me. There are so many times during the day that I simply want to fall to my knees and thank God for the so many blessings. I don't though because that sometimes seems so 'taboo'. BUT WHO CARES!?! If I were to lose face because of saying a quick prayer before a meal then so be it! I so need to get better at my worship and not be afraid to 'let loose' when the Holy Spirit moves me. Who knows...that may be just the way God uses me to lead another to worship in the same manner!

"God, please give me the courage to worship you always, no matter who is around and now matter what they think of me. Let me sing your praises at the top of my lungs with my window down in the middle of rush hour because it is pleasing to you, not because it is pleasing to anyone else."

Want to read more?


God's Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Places for You to Go: