"In His hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to Him." ~ Psalm 95:4
.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Weekend Feature: Leap Frog

Good Afternoon!

I think I am finally back into the swing of things here. I guess we will see as the week progresses. I must admit I would much prefer not to travel!

This week's feature is my first attempt at a new chainmaille pattern. I saw it in a store, snapped a pic with my iPhone, and then came home to make the attempt (so no pattern, just copy). I named it Leap Frog because for some reason with the green in it and the fact that you jump from ring to ring (like playing leap frog) it made me think of playing leap frog as a kid. The rings are all color-plated and the clasp is a button/snap clasp so it is really easy to get off and on. I bought all of the supplies for this one from a local bead shop that has TONS of colored jump rings. I really need to go back through the pass and run down there to pick up more. As crazy as this sounds, chainmaille is very relaxing and rewarding in my mind!! You can see additional pictures of this one in my Handmade Artists' Shop and on my Etsy store.

I need to get up to the studio this afternoon and work more on a project I started before my last trip.

God's Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Places for You to Go: