"In His hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to Him." ~ Psalm 95:4
.

Monday, April 26, 2010

A Different Art Form

Good Evening!

So most of what I post is all about the visual arts. However, the musical arts is one of my favorite pastimes!

For our wedding, my cousin-in-law introduced my husband and I to the Uilleann Pipes. When I first heard them played, I truly thought they were bagpipes (Shhhh - don't tell Dirk). I was very much mistaken! The Uilleann Pipes are instead inflated by bellows strapped around the waist and to the arm. The air produced is passed through a blend of a reed, the chanter, drones, and regulators to produce a very harmonic sound! By themselves or combined with the banjo, whistle, guitar, bodhran, violin, or any other combination, this Irish sound is one that will get your foot tapping! To listen to Dirk play, check out this video in his garage. (You will further be amazed to learn that Dirk has made the pipes he is playing in the video.) If you live in Colorado and are around Erie, CO on Wednesday evenings around 7:00 PM, stop in to hear a live Irish session.

To read more about Dirk Mewes' Shop, visit his blog. An amazing artist indeed!

God's Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Places for You to Go: