"In His hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to Him." ~ Psalm 95:4
.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekly Bible Study: God's Dwelling Place

Good Morning!

Every week for the past few weeks, I have been spending some time sitting in my sunroom reading from my Women of Faith worship Bible that my parents gave me for graduation (Master's Degree) last summer. There are weekly Bible studies throughout this one that ask some really great questions and make me think about where I am and where I am going with my faithfulness and stewardship to the Lord. I have been writing them in a journal that I go back to periodically but I thought it would be better to share with others. Why keep it all to myself, right?? Hopefully you will find something in my mumblings that you can take with you as well!

In Deuteronomy (12:5) God tells us to seek that place that He chooses to bring our offerings; our first fruits (26:2). That place has been missing in my life. After much thought and prayer, I have decided that place is wherever I hear His voice and quite frankly folks, which is EVERYWHERE!! Seriously, God's temple is within ME and that is where He really dwells. Don't believe me? Check in 1 Corinthians 3:16-17. "Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple."

So to TRULY dwell with God, you much worship from within your whole spirit as we are told in John 4:24. "God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." I can do this in a building with other worshippers or I can do it all alone as I sip my morning coffee. They key is that I do it with my TRUE and WHOLE self. This is made possible because Jesus shed His blood and the curtain hiding God's most holy ark was torn no longer hiding God from our view to instead dwell in our presence. We are now allowed a most intimate relationship with God through his son's death because we are forgiven!!

There are days when I feel so very far away from God and yet He is here with me all the time! I love this visual: Picture Jesus standing between you and God holding that torn curtain in both hands; no longer are you shielded from God's presence. Instead, run into the arms of Jesus and allow Him to surround you alone with the curtain (and his arms) shielding you from the rest of the world. Then you can begin your one-on-one relationship with Him!!

Want to read more? Check out these verses:

Leviticus 16:2
Numbers 7:89
Exodus 25:8-9
2 Chronicles 6:2
2 Chronicles 7:11-12
1 Corinthians 3:16-17
John 4:21-23
Exodus 25:17-22
Exodus 26:31-34
Hebrews 10:19-20

We have an amazing God people and it is time for me to go work on that relationship with him and others as we worship together!

God's Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Places for You to Go: