"In His hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to Him." ~ Psalm 95:4
.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

To Wrap or Not to Wrap

Good Morning!

I have always dreaded when I have to do wire wrapping. I usually have to attempt the wrap twice at the minimum and I usually am disgusted by the way it looks when it comes out. I know that I need to practice to make it work for me but I am too impatient for that. Last week, I received my Beading Daily newsletter and the title was To Wrap or Not to Wrap; Wire that is... It gave me a great tip that I have been using in my wrapping this week: Don't expect the first one to be perfect. That's exactly my problem because I want them all to be perfect. I hate to waste wire (even if I buy the cheap stuff) so if it isn't perfect, I consider it waste. However, the article goes on to show close-up photos of just how to do it. So while I was practicing this past week, I just printed out the article and had it handy. Then I practiced SEVERAL times and didn't expect much so that when it wasn't just right, I wasn't upset. By the end of the day, I think I figured it out and am pretty confident that I can wrap for just about any project. Cool stuff!

You can subscribe as well to the newsletter. Usually you get just a simple tip and then they want you to subscribe to the magazine. I personally don't but have at it if you are into that sort of thing!

God's Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Places for You to Go: