"In His hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to Him." ~ Psalm 95:4
.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weekly Bible Study: Not What You Expect

Good Morning!!

So many times in my life, I take for granted all of the things I have and begin to expect that my life is going to go in the direction of MY choosing. Then one day, I'm going along and BAM; God hits me up for a different direction. My first reaction is always resistance. "That can't possibly be what you meant God." I assure you friends, God always means what He says to me. There are many times that I EXPECT God to act in a certain way simply because it is what I want or think I deserve. Yet God always seems to have other plans. This is where having some really good friends can come in handy; ones who will tell me when I'm being stupid. The reward for following God and doing His will even if it seems odd is going to be amazing I am sure. It's like when my boss asks me to do something that is not really part of my normal routine. He is only developing me for greatness. God does the same thing! I love the verse in Isaiah that shows that God is not confined to human ideas or opinions. If I keep Him in a box I have designed for Him, He is going to show me He is bigger than the box!!

"Holy Spirit - I ask that you help me to understand and trust that God's plans for me are much better than what I could ever come up with on my own!"

Want to read more?
2 Kings 5:1-15
John 9:1-7
Jeremiah 33:3
Job 11:7-9

God's Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Places for You to Go: